- This event has passed.
18-30 Group Gathering
29 June, 19:00 - 20:30
You’re warmly invited to join members of the 18-30 Group to learn more about bipolar and to spend some social time together. We offer a friendly and safe environment with opportunities for peer support. Your friends, family and carers are very welcome if they’re 18-30 years old too.
Topic: Employment and Bipolar
When: 7:00pm on Monday, 29 June
Where: Zoom Meeting ID 918-6028-7707
Please email hello @lothianbipolargroup.org.uk to ask for the meeting password.
We’re delighted to welcome Joe Mountsford-Smith back to the group. Joe works at ENABLE Scotland as an Employment Coordinator. We’ll discuss various aspects of finding and keeping a job when you live with bipolar. Some of the topics we’ll talk about include:
- At what point in the recruitment process should you declare your health condition (if at all)?
- What’s the best way to manage the relationship with your boss when you’re experiencing symptoms?
- How do you approach annual performance reviews when you feel your illness has impacted on your performance?
- Should you speak to the HR department or your boss when you want to talk about your mental health?
- Under employment law, how much time are you entitled to take off from work for illness? What evidence do you need to provide, eg. GP sick notes?
For more information about online gatherings please refer to our online meeting page. We look forward to seeing you then!