- This event has passed.
18-30 Group Gathering
29 October 2018, 19:00 - 21:00
You’re warmly invited to join members of the 18-30 Group to learn more about bipolar and to spend some social time together. We offer a friendly and safe environment with opportunities for peer support. Your friends, family and carers are very welcome if they’re 18-30 years old.
When: 7.00pm on Monday, 29 October
Where: Private Meeting Room, Starbucks, 120 Princes Street
Topic: Finding and Keeping Work
We’re pleased to be hosting a session on ‘finding and keeping work’ in conjunction with Enable Scotland, who’ve been successful in helping many people with disabilities to find work.
Topics for discussion:
* How do you find paid and unpaid work with a condition like bipolar?
* Should you disclose your condition?
* What’s the best way to talk about your condition with your boss, colleagues and HR staff?
* How do you keep a job with a fluctuating condition like bipolar?
* Any other issues you’d like to raise
For more information please email hello @lothianbipolargroup.org.uk.
We look forward to seeing you!
(ps. like many buildings in central Edinburgh you’ll need to climb some stairs to access the venue. If this causes problems for anyone then please contact us)